Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

On 11/02/2013 10:54, DrTeeth wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 22:38:56 +0000, just as I was about to take a
herb, polygonum disturbed my reverie and
wrote:

Also Horse Meat Allergy. Which could be very serious if a person with
HMA consumes horse meat.

I doubt many people would know they had the allergy to avoid it. I
would wager that the vast majority of people who have eaten horse have
not been aware of it.

The other problem...how can one decide what their particular allergen
is when so many processed foods contains so many potential ones?

True. But there are some who know.

My own father suffered anaphylactic shock from tetanus vaccine - not
sure what animal that was produced in, but there is a lot of mention of
horse surrounding the DPT combined vaccination.

I did not have an anti-tetanus vaccination until I was much older than
my peers because of concerns about this.

--
Rod