Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gib Bogle[_3_] Gib Bogle[_3_] is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

On 11/02/2013 2:12 p.m., Rod Speed wrote:
u are accustomed.

And its not just about survival anyway.

The absolute vast bulk of all the animals I eat only
got to live at all because they are eaten by humans.

Yes. I like to tease vegetarians with this question: Is a sheep's life
worth anything? They tend to think it is. I then point out that there
are about 40 million sheep in our country, and if we didn't eat sheep
there'd be a small fraction of this number. By eating sheep we are
giving life to millions of sheep. Are the sheep better or worse off
because we rear them? It's also worth mentioning what a good life these
sheep have, free from disease, free from predation, always getting
enough to eat. When you watch the lambs gamboling in the fields it's
pretty obvious that a sheep's life has value. It's better to have lived
and lost than never to have lived at all.