Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Snowblower Problem Question ?

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 12:50:56 -0800 (PST), Bob_Villa
wrote:

-snip-
I would add the simplest possibility is sheared auger pins and they are
not moving snow to the middle for pick-up and are just snug enough to
turn when not under load.
HTH

I said IF the auger is turning and the impeller is NOT turning on an
Ariens 2 stage, the pin is gone. NO OTHER OPTION . period.

Correct-- *But* - The OP said he couldn't tell if the impeller was
turning. so it might be-- and then what Bob says *is* the Occam's
razor choice.

If the augers stop under load it is a different story - could be a bad
belt, tensioner, or auger shear pins. Not common to shear both (or
all 4) pins at once

No-- but I've seen people going up and down their driveway with one
augur turning, blissfully unaware that one is sheared. Until the
second one goes-- then they know something isn't right.g

Jim

Jeez. Now I have to keep a mirror in my garage to make sure both augers are
turning.

I wonder if Ariens carries one as an accessory.