Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Default Crystal frequency for monochrome video signal?

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 15:10:14 -0500, the renowned "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
? Keep showing your vast ignorance. The first "National Television
?Standards Committee" was for Monochrome. The second "National
?Television Standards Committee" was for color, so 'NTSC' doesn't have
?'color' anywhere in the title

Hmm...

"National Television Standards Committee" NTSC
68,200 results

NTSC "Never Twice the same Colour" OR "Never Twice the same Color"
248,000 results

But I think the real answer is

"National Television System Committee" NTSC
1,480,000 results

That's what I get for not looking it up. The last time I did was in
the mid '70s, when I stumbled across a book of the committee's
proceedings in the old Crosley engineering library.