Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Default Crystal frequency for monochrome video signal?

Ian Field wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" ? wrote in message
?
? "Michael A. Terrell" wrote:
??
?? Ian Field wrote:
?? ?
?? ? "Tilmann Reh" ? wrote in message
?? ? ...
?? ? ? Michael A. Terrell schrieb:
?? ? ?
?? ? ??? 80's vintage German printing equipment (offset press industry) uses
?? a
?? ? ??? video
?? ? ??? plug-in card (made by the manufacturer of this equipment) to
?? generate
?? ? ??? parameter display for the operator. The display is a standard
?? baseband
?? ? ??? video
?? ? ??? tube monitor. (It is possible, being German and sold in the USA
?? market,
?? ? ??? that
?? ? ??? the video may be NTSC or PAL.)
?? ? ?
?? ? ? If it's monochrome, we don't need to talk about NTSC or PAL and their
?? ? ? particular color carrier frequencies...
?? ? ?
?? ? In PAL ? NTSC; the colour carrier was a multiple of the line rate.
?
?
? WHICH NTSC? There are two.

Twice never twice the same colour?!

Keep showing your vast ignorance. The first "National Television
Standards Committee" was for Monochrome. The second "National
Television Standards Committee" was for color, so 'NTSC' doesn't have
'color' anywhere in the title. They changed the Horizontal rate from
15,750 Hz to 15,734.264 Hz to eliminate a beat in the chroma. That 16
Hz difference allowed older TVs to receive the color broadcasts. The
original NTSC was still used for mono security cameras.

As always, you add nothing useful to any thread you butt into.
rather, you show what an ignorant ass you are. Maybe we should call you
'Mule', or 'Donkey Boy' to honor your lame assed attempts?

Now tell everyone how you designed dozens of commercial products with
the 8275. (Which was designed for 8085 based systems.) I don't recall
ever seeing one in any hardware. The 6545/6845 and the 5027 CRTC were
what I've seen.