Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

In message , alan
writes
On 10/02/2013 18:15, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , alan
writes

Red Tractor logo is UK only.

Only 65% of the ingredients in a red tractor product need to be from a
certified source.

I don't know enough to argue this. You also need to be clear on
certification/assurance. There are a number of industry promoted
*assurance* schemes where farmers agree to abide by specific rules and
are inspected annually on compliance. The only market for un-assured
cereals was export when I last knew about it:-)

It's another con job by the British food industry to fool the public in
to believing the union flag logo means quality.

I think it is an attempt to circumnavigate EU rules on *country of
origin* labelling

Until recently wouldn't Tesco and Finus claim that the ingredients in
their products were fully traceable.

For sure!

--
Tim Lamb