Posted to rec.woodworking
RP[_3_] RP[_3_] is offline

Default Any carpenters here? (installing a handrail)

On Saturday, February 9, 2013 9:16:55 AM UTC-5, Greg Guarino wrote:
This is not really a woodworking question, but I figure someone here

can answer it.

My Dad is 92 and needs to grab onto things to climb the stairs. But

for a short section of the stairway in their house, there's no

sensible thing to grab.

Their house is plaster on lath if memory serves. Wood strips, I think,

not wire. [This is an ancient memory. My parents had a larger closet

made when I was a very young boy and I was allowed to bash away at the

plaster for a little while. I remember being disappointed when I came

Locate the nail holes in the baseboard and you will know where the studs are.

RP