Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Bonner Martin Bonner is offline

Default 'No practical use' for 17-million digit prime number

On Saturday, February 9, 2013 8:35:19 PM UTC, Tim+ wrote:
Martin Bonner wrote:
That depends on who finds out how to predict where prime numbers are.
Doing so would be Fields medal material (Nobel prize for mathematicians),
so academics would publish like a shot. OTOH, if the discoverer works for
NSA, GCHQ, Russian equivalent, Chinese equivalent, etc, they will will
keep very sputum indeed.

Do I detect the curse of autocorrection? ;-)

Oddly enough, no. I have no idea how that happened. I was trying for "shtum".