Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

On 09/02/2013 23:28, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 23:32:32 +0000, dennis@home wrote:

Quorn as a veggi food, it has chicken egg in it.
It does actually say that somewhere but veggies don't read much.

I think you are confusing vegetarian and vegan. But then meat eaters are
not known for being particularly bright.

Not very vegetarian to eat eggs is it?
Not that vegetarians are picky.

A vegan is not supposed to use anything that exploits animals, not that
all/any of them do so. It must be hard if you avoid using shops, post,
manufactured goods etc. where workers wear clothing made from leather.

Quorn contains "rehydrated free range egg white". I note it doesn't say
"chicken egg" just "egg" ... B-)

Yes well I expect the mould the rest is made from outweighs the possible
sources of free range eggs.

PS quorn makes much better chicken curry than chicken does.