Posted to rec.woodworking
tdacon tdacon is offline

Default Any carpenters here? (installing a handrail)

"Greg Guarino" wrote in message

Anyway, I have no experience finding studs in that kind of
construction. The walls are too rigid for me to just sound them out
with my fist. I don't own a stud finder, but I might buy one if it's
of any use in that kind of wall. I'm not eager to drill a series of
holes that I'll need to repair, and then match the paint.

If you want to go looking for studs, here's the stud finder you want to use.

http://www.garrettwade.com/product.asp?pn=25T23.01

Makes a tiny hole, less than 1/32 in diameter, that you can fill with a
little smear of toothpaste, or just leave if it's in an inconspicuous place.
Never needs batteries :-)

Tom