Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Snowblower Problem Question ?

On 2/9/2013 4:46 PM, Bob wrote:
Hi,

Live outside of Boston.
Tons of snow yesterday.

Have an Ariens snowblower. Model 7524. Typical 2 stage unit; few years
old now.

Engine works fine.
Drive system to wheels works.

Big Auger wheel in front turns.

But won't throw snow. No clog.

Can't see if the high speed Impeller is turning or not.

Neighbor suggested a broken belt.

If the Auger turns, can it, possibly, be a bad belt ?

If the Impeller is turning, which I haven't been able to verify, can
it be a bad belt ?

What are likely possibilities, and what can be eliminated, probably ?

Thanks,
Bob

Typically snow throwers have sheer pins on the moving parts to prevent
damage when something other than snow gets jammed . I would be looking
for the high speed impeller to be turning, and if not, look in your
manual for a sheer pin location