Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Zillow Blog

On Sat, 09 Feb 2013 13:39:23 -0500, wrote:

Paint is one thing but trashy wallpaper is a whole different kettle.
I'm with nn on this one, no wallpaper (one room, I could probably look
past one room).

You'd not scrape and repaint (or pay to have it done) if you could
save thousands?

I've only ever bought a couple of houses, but in both cases, we
painted all the rooms except for maybe two before moving in. That
way, it was years before we had to do a re-paint as part of normal
maintenance and it was colors we liked from the start.

This house was 3 years old when we bought. Two rooms still have the
original carpet, though one is due for an upgrade, probably to
engineered hardwood.