Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl multi tool and Aldi multi tool

On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 14:00:47 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I have an Aldi cordless, and that does have a boss that the blade is a
tight fit to - presumably to centre it accurately. Although you would
think the outer ring of holes would be enough.

Works on the Bosch that I have.

The Lidl ones have sort of slightly elongated outer ring of holes.

Genuine Bosch blades have slightly oval holes, along the radius. The pins
are oval as well.

I did wonder if it would be possible to enlarge the centre hole as the
outer ones would fit the Aldi.

If it was just a few touches with a round file probably but I'd expect
the blades to be tool steel so a bit tough to drill or Q-Max. And
drilling thin materials can be tricky.

My problem is lots of Lidl close - but the nearest Aldi miles away.

Either are 20+ miles away for me. I dropped into the one I was "passing"
in Leyland on the way back from work at Stoke this evening. No multi
tools or blades. B-(

--
Cheers
Dave.