Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Zillow Blog

On 2/9/2013 9:34 AM, Norminn wrote:
On 2/9/2013 7:47 AM, HeyBub wrote:
A web site devoted to real estate (and tips), home improvement, tax
considerations, etc. It's worth a look for ideas and comparisons.

http://www.zillowblog.com/

Zillow was our main tool when we were looking for our house. With
interior pix of most homes, it eliminated facing realtors to sort out
the truly ugly, trashy stuff....never seen such ugly wallpaper in my
life...one house had some version of red/green wallpaper in every room,
different upper half and lower half with a border thrown in. It would
have taken my remaining life expectancy to get rid of all the wallpaper.

Ended up with plain beige/vanilla, but for the mauve and gray in the
kitchen. Cozy, good shape, nice neighborhood.

We didn't use the blog, just the search/notify stuff. The good homes in
our area were moving quickly and if the realtor was slow in posting to
Zillow, there was an offer already made.

Years ago, I tried my hand at real estate but I was a lousy salesman and
it was a slumped, buyers market.

Its a buyers market today and with a lot to choose from the property
should be perfect. Any realtor will tell you to sell your house, dress
up the outside for a good first impression and make the insides vanilla
and make sure everything is in good repair.

Most people don't want a fixer upper but when they do they expect to get
if for far below normal market value.