Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How to get rid of people with guns

On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 12:04:17 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Oren wrote:

This killer owns a home in Las Vegas not far from me. Police have
searched it and added patrols in the area. LVMPD is on high alert.

In his rants he complained about a local gun shop called Lock N Load,
(two miles from my house) for selling him Class III weapons -
silencers. He claimed he made a Trust using Quicken and had a $10
notary. Claimed he was not a resident of the state (true). He would
visit the gun shop every few months or so.

He can / could own Class III without this "trust", but my
understanding is the background checks take much longer than say
buying a pistol or rifle.

An individual buying a Class III has to jump through a LOT of hoops,
including a sign-off by the local chief law enforcement officer.

I didn't know about trusts (thank you), but a corporation buying a Class III
is almost trivial: no background check, no fingerprints, no photo, no
vetting by the local LEO's office, etc.

I'm not sure whether a Subchapter S corp will work - my corporation is an
"C" corp, so the issue never comes up. Still have to pay the transfer tax,
though.

Here is the local story from yesterday.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/gun-store-owner-shocked-by-manhunt-for-customer-a-former-los-angeles-police-officer-190283551.html