Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dimensionally Stable Metal

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 15:20:56 -0800 (PST), Searcher7
wrote:

I haven't gottena all of the particulars worked out yet, but I am
working on designing a camera stand and trying to decide on the best
material to make most of it out of.

I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel, but a special project makes it
necessary to be able to take a series of as many as 180 equally
spaced
photos across a 45° swing and be be able to do the same again
without
any perceptable deviation.

A Haas indexer would do the job nicely.
And you can program it to whatever positions you need.

I didn't see the OP mention if this panoramic camera has to survive
outdoor weather that will ruin an expensive indexer.
jsw