Posted to alt.electronics
Computer Nerd Kev Computer Nerd Kev is offline

Default Monitor Sync Signal in 80s Arcade Machine

petrus bitbyter wrote:

Apparently something wrong in your horizontal drive signal.

OK, so the sync signal going in is fine then?

Most likely the
line output transformer, maybe the horizontal coils but there are still some
other possibilities. Be aware that the coils are current driven.

Forgive my ignorance, but if a coil or transformer failed, would this be
possible in such a way as for the monitor to function for the three minutes
it usually runs before failure. Or did you mean the components associated
with the the coil or transformer?

Also, if I go to repair this part of the circuit (and let's assume I'm not
replacing the Line Output Transformer, I don't suppose I could find a spare
available), I know I'll need to discharge some capacitors, but should I
discharge the high voltage output of the transformer as well?

Thank's for your help.

--
__ __