Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Lew

Forgot to include Jan's web site.

http://www.buy-a-boat.com/

Lew

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...

"Gramp's shop" wrote:

In a couple of posts, Lew, you referenced your boat. Sail or power?
I used to sail the Chesapeake in a 32' Beneteau until we moved to
Wisconsin. Haulers wanted nearly 5K to move it and we weren't too
enthusiastic about sailing Lake Michigan. That was six years ago
and I still look at the used boat ads every April.

Ever hear of Jan Guthrie in Racine?

She has a brokerage there.

You are talking to a Great Lakes cruising sailor (Erie) and I highly
recommend it.

A trip to the North Channel is a cruise to be remembered.

Had a Seafarer 30 that I sailed out of various ports on the south
shore of L Erie.

$5K for freight is a tough nut to crack, especially when you are
talking
about taking a "saltie" into fresh water.

Lots of 30-35 ft boats available between Chicago and Racine.

As far as my project is concerned, came to California and within a
year
started construction of "Challenge".

https://sites.google.com/site/lewssailboat/

Lew