Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Kreg's New Universal Head Screws.

On 2/8/2013 8:18 AM, Dave wrote:
On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 08:12:18 -0600, Leon wrote:

I was talking about the SPAX hex head lag screws, IIRC 5/16" x 5". I hung
my limber rack with these. Over $1 each. Because I was going through the
standard, a 2x4, and sheet rock to reach the stud I did not want to risk
twisting twisting the head off.

How did you insert them? Ratchet wrench or impact gun?

I predrilled, more to guide the screw, and used my impact driver.

At my old house the lumber rack was in our store room, I used the common
no name lag screws and twisted the head off using the impact and before
the head was seated. Fortunately there was .75~1" sticking out for the
vice grips to grab.