Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] spamTHISbrp@yahoo.com is offline

Default Keeping cats off wife's car in garage

On Friday, February 8, 2013 8:30:12 AM UTC-5, stryped wrote:
My wife has an 07 escape. We have cats that stay in the garage. They always get on the hood of the car, especially it seems after it is cleaned.

Anyway, short of getting rid of the cats, is there anythign I can do to keep them off? I tried a motion detector chime, but the cats ignored it and it was irritating becasue it would go off when people walked by. My next idea is to try to make a square the size of the hood out of pvc and suspend it from the ceiling to sort of "block" them from getting on it.

You guys are good at coming up with stuff. I thought I would ask. I thought a hi tech thing to do would be to install some sort of motion detection valve that would briefly open when motion is sensed and would be connected to an air tank to "blow" at the cat, however this is probaly too expensive and I know of no motion detedction valves that would perform this way.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Suspend a sheet such that when she pulls in it drapes over the hood, the mouse-catchers get their warm spot, and the hood stays clean.

Suspend it low, just over the hood height at the windshield. And don't hide behind it.