Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Electric car.

"harry" wrote in message
On Feb 8, 4:24 pm, Colin Stamp wrote:
On 08/02/2013 02:14, Windmill wrote:

harry writes:

On Feb 6, 9:25=A0pm, " wrote:
On Feb 6, 10:37=A0am, harry wrote:

I now have an electric car.
A lot of unexpected things about it when you read the book.
Eg, it has a radiator.

Nice toy, wish I had the spare cash to buy one.

Now all you need do is fit a tow bar and buy one of
thesehttp://www.hss.c=
om/g/41520/20kVA-Silenced-Diesel-Generator.htmlto
make it useful

Philip

Towing is not recommended. Or charging from a portable generator.

That's odd, because a little 1KW Honda generator in the boot would be a
life-saver in some situations. If I could afford such a car, I'd
probably make sure that any generator was well-regulated, but I'd want
one.

An engine would be handy for the odd long journey. It doesn't
particularly need a generator though:-

http://www.mrsharkey.com/pusher.htm

I wonder how it handles on corners...

Cheers,

Colin.

It is quite good. Low C of G independent suspension all round. Small
wheels, high tyre pressures, you feel the bumps a bit. Front wheels
very narrow,probably tyres not last long.

He was talking about the pusher trailer, silly.