Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Electric car.

On Feb 8, 10:23*am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
* *Windmill wrote:

Towing is not recommended. Or charging from a portable generator.

That's odd, because a little 1KW Honda generator in the boot would be a
life-saver in some situations. If I could afford such a car, I'd
probably make sure that any generator was well-regulated, but I'd want
one.

But it would take forever to charge the battery. Be far quicker to phone
for a tow.

--
*According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.

It draws 2.2Kw on charge.
About an hour's charge for every ten miles.
You don't have to charge it completely to get mobile again.