Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

On Friday, February 8, 2013 3:12:43 PM UTC, PeterC wrote:
On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 11:28:52 +0000, polygonum wrote:

On 08/02/2013 11:04, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

.....then how can we trust them when they say

"Of course, the horse meat is completely safe to eat."

The only way they could claim that is if the meat came from a supply

farmed for human consumption and rigorously quality checked (as I hope our

beef, lamb and pork is).

However if they lied once, how can they be trusted?

How do we know the horses weren't shot because they had an infectious

disease such as coughing, or expired just past the finishing post due to

over doping?

No doubt this story will run forever......

Cheers

Dave R

It has been suggested that they can trace every bit of beef back to the

bovine it came from. That was part of the whole BSE resolution.

Which bovine did this horsemeat come from? Are they feeding cows with

horses? silly comment - not to be taken as a serious, paranoid suggestion

Not so silly - wasn't BSE something to do with feeding meat of some

processed sort to cattle?

Feeding cows sheep carcusses IIRC someone I know who filmed it many years ago was taken into police station and charged with soemthing and the film destroyed, about 5 years before BSE came to light.