Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

On 08/02/13 14:56, Nightjar wrote:

One of the reasons given by Tesco for terminating their contract with
the supplier of their Value beefburgers was that they had deviated from
the list of Tesco approved suppliers. That suggests that Tesco imposed a
standard, even if they did not have procedures in place for checking
that their suppliers were keeping to it. I expect that will change soon.

I am sure Tesco do have procedures, but they can't always be everywhere
all the time looking over every suppliers shoulder.

Some years ago I had an appointment with the MD at a company that
supplied pies, sausages, and ready-meals to various supermarkets. When I
arrived the meeting was rescheduled for another day: people from Tesco
had turned up to conduct a surprise inspection and that took priority
over everything else.

--
djc