Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default Good ideas from overseas (OT bit of fun)

On Thursday, February 7, 2013 9:54:17 PM UTC, Alan (BigAl) wrote:
On 05/02/2013 15:56, Martin Brown wrote:

On 05/02/2013 15:27, DerbyBorn wrote:

Japan: Combined wash basin and cistern on toilet

I thought that was a great idea in Japan. We have a house built in the

late 50's. The bog is a small room at the top of the stairs, no washhand

basin, and too narrow to fit one.

When I reorganised the bathroom recently, I put a WC in there too, and

looked for a way to get a wash basin in the small loo. Remembering the

system seen in japan when I was there years ago, I thought it mught be

possible. No success, however!

Does anyone have a solution for this problem, other that washing in the

bathroom or kitchen?

Al.

I've been in French loos that had a fold down wash hand basin above the loo. Very handy in a confined space