Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Good ideas from overseas (OT bit of fun)

"tim....." wrote in message

"harry" wrote in message
On Feb 5, 3:27 pm, DerbyBorn wrote:
Just back from a holiday and whilst there I refelcted on a few
differences
seen there and other places (not really DIY) and wondered if others had
thought of similar things. Examples:

Bulgaria - Traffic Lights with an illuminated count-down in red or
green
to the next change.

Dublin - Traffic lights with ped crossing countdowns - that are made of
stainless steel and don't look as though they were made in the 1950's
(like
ours)

Lanzarote - In our villa - door frame with integral rubber seal to
prevent
banging - well engineered door and frame with stainless steel hinges.

any others? Comments?

USA Push button flushes on urinals. (Save a lot of water)

instead of what:

the "timed" system usually used in the UK

or the sensor system that flushes whenever someone uses it?

Presumably it saves water over both, if only because the manual
flush wont always get used and the sensor system does if it hasn't failed.