Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Kreg's New Universal Head Screws.

On 2/7/13 4:57 PM, wrote:
Just as important to me, they don't grip so hard I can't get them
out. The Spax screws are made for a one time install with no further
movement. About a month after I do an cab install, I go back to the
client's house to adjust doors and cabinets for the last time and to
give them a handful of cards. If there has been some warpage or
movement, I need a screw with a strong head I can back out of its
countersunk hole a turn or so and then adjust the cabinet, then run
the screw back up.

The heads on the Spax didn't look that substantial, and the aggressive
threading made me think they might not come back out. The multihead
made me think that even more. I have paid the price for snapping off
heads to many times to take a chance.

If I had a choice, I wouldn't buy the combo head screws.

Robert

FWIW, I use plenty of Spax screws and they have held up great.
I love the "aggressive" threads on them and I think that's what makes
them perform so well.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)