Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Good ideas from overseas (OT bit of fun)

"harry" wrote in message
On Feb 5, 3:27 pm, DerbyBorn wrote:
Just back from a holiday and whilst there I refelcted on a few
differences
seen there and other places (not really DIY) and wondered if others had
thought of similar things. Examples:

Bulgaria - Traffic Lights with an illuminated count-down in red or green
to the next change.

Dublin - Traffic lights with ped crossing countdowns - that are made of
stainless steel and don't look as though they were made in the 1950's
(like
ours)

Lanzarote - In our villa - door frame with integral rubber seal to
prevent
banging - well engineered door and frame with stainless steel hinges.

any others? Comments?

USA Push button flushes on urinals. (Save a lot of water)

instead of what:

the "timed" system usually used in the UK

or the sensor system that flushes whenever someone uses it?

tim