juanvivo juanvivo is offline
Junior Member

Thank you so much for your help and for your time. I would be lost without your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Bill View Post
The author didn't specify a short between the 2 power input sides.. what he
stated was continuity (and his native language isn't english).. it's also
not exactly clear what type of equipment he's using for testing.
When I use my multimeter and put pointers in A and B, not continuous beep sounds. When I put them in C and D, if continuous beep. Between C and B are also continuous beep. If I measure ohms, I get no reading. points are shorted. Not if I explain well, again excuse my poor English, my language is Spanish.

I've checked the diode D7 with diode tester position and seems to be fine. NO appears damaged.

I think for a first test, should desolder T3 to see if the short is removed. no?

Once this is done, if the short is gone, then put jumpers between a and b, and between b and c and check readings. Is that correct?

I have to do the tests with the lcd and dvd connected or I can make them without them connected?

When I reverse polarity i use a car battery.

in the future I assure you I will use diodes. I assure you I have learned the lesson.

If I can not express myself well, or some of the things I say does not make sense, tell me. Consequence management is that little English.