Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How to 'tighten' an exterior door?

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 09:47:11 -0500, "dadiOH"
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 09:00:15 -0500, "dadiOH"
wrote:

Robert Macy wrote:

Will try now that EVERYBODY seems to be bashing me about the head
and shoulders for NOT trying.

What's in the video?

Why didn't you just look?

Several minutes of a guy showing how to do a dirt simple thing;
namely, bend the tab in a strike plate. I suspect it is intended
mostly for those who have not yet figured out how to wipe their own
ass.

And who was "bashing" him?

sigh

Well, certainy not me

I just try to gently guide people into taking some sort of action to solve
their crisis. OK, sometimes it takes a nudge, especially when OP has been
told repeatedly by both thee and me what to do and how to do it. In this
case the nudge was a bit firmer than normal

Agree. When he had his stucco / patch / paint threads, he insisted on
painting stucco with a brush. Then was disturbed about how it came
out. Would not post a picture so we could see what was really going
on. I like to help folks when I can, but detest when they will not
interact about what is presented. He came back later about the paint
in another thread, so I stayed out of it.

Damn bean counters :-\