Tbone Dano

Default Mini Max and an AMAZING story of customer service

Hi everyone,

Today, I had the most incredibly positive customer service experience
I've ever had, all thanks to Mini Max. I bought their new S16 model
band saw from them, and received it last week. It's the first band saw
I've owned, and of course, I went over it with a fine tooth comb. I
was very impressed by the saw, but I had a small concern about the
table not being totally flat. I had read extensively about what was
important in a band saw, and Lonnie Bird, in THE BAND SAW BOOK states
how important a flat table is. I posted a question here on the forum,
essentially asking how flat is flat, and if my small discrepancy
constituted something worthy of concern. I posted the same question on
a couple other forums, including the Mini Max Users Group on yahoo. A
friend who is a professional woodworker and has extensive bandsaw
experience also came to look at my saw, and his opinion was that it
wasn't something I should worry about too much.

Just so you know, it was .014 inches off in the center, which isn't
much--that's basically 1/64 of an inch. Most people who responded to
me said not to worry about it too much, that it wouldn't matter,
though some did express some concern. All in all, I had pretty much
reached the point where I wasn't going to worry about it.

Here's where the story gets amazing! Today, I received a phone call
from Mini Max. They were calling to offer me a new table. Now, let me
be as clear as I can be: I never once called them about my table! This
phone call today was a complete surprise to me. Calling me to offer me
a new table when I never complained to them? Now THAT'S customer
service! All I did was post some questions on the web, simply trying
to figure out if I should call them or not, and was leaning towards
not worrying about it. The guys at Mini Max must keep tabs on the
online forums regarding their products, and clearly they want their
customers happy. They had enough information I guess to figure out who
I was, based on when I received the saw, and decided to take care of
the situation, a situation which I'd pretty much decided wasn't a
situation anyway.

I received a call from one of the techs there at Mini Max, and he had
personally checked the new table for flatness for me, and it is
flatter than the current table I have. But get this: my table, with a
..014" sag is within the manufacturer's tolerances! This is a perfectly
acceptable table from the manufacturer's point of view and so Mini Max
is under no obligation whatsoever to send me a new table. Yet that's
what they're doing, and they're sending it out tomorrow.

I am still in a state of shock. In today's world, I think we tend to
expect the worst from businesses, since probably for most of us, we've
been burned so many times. After my experience today, all I can say is
that Mini Max is without peer when it comes to keeping their customers
happy. I knew I was getting a great saw--I just didn't expect to be
treated so well after the sale! All I can say is kudos to Mini Max!