Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some Metal Content...

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

I took on a crooked politican in Ohio years ago. Took him to court,
and got a settlement just moments before the trial started. That kept
him from being re-elected after 20+ years in office when people found
you could fight back. Other times I crawled out of bed with the flu to
do emergency repairs to a neighbor's house, and gave another my last $5
when he told me that he and his wife hadn't eaten for three days. I
didn't tell him that I was broke and had no food in my house, and no
income. I just gave. I had the faith that I would survive, and that
the $5 wouldn't make that much difference in what happened to me. It
helped them, and that was what mattered.

Kudos. If everyone acted with such conviction and caring, we wouldn't
need a government at all.

We would take a couple giant steps in that direction if we could just
teach people that they are responsible for their actions.