Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Something has happened for the 192'nd straight month...

On 2/5/2013 9:43 PM, New Record wrote:
8,830,026:

Americans on Disability Hits New Record for 192nd Straight Month

Yes, your disabled nation is becoming more feeble by the day.

How many of you reading this is collection disability?

(probably most of you)

===============================

February 5, 2013

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/8830...straight-month

The number of American "workers" collecting federal disability payments
climbed to yet another record high of 8,830,026 in January, up from
8,827,795 in December, according to newly released data from the Social
Security Administration.

This is the 192nd straight month that the number of American "workers"
collecting federal disability payments has increased. The last time the
number of Americans collecting disability decreased was in January 1997
(ah Clinton - those were the golden days, weren't they?). That month
the number of workers taking disability dropped by 249 people—from
4,385,623 in December 1996 to 4,385,374 in January 1997.

As the overall number of Americans collecting disability has increased,
the ratio of full-time workers to disability beneficiaries has
decreased.

In December 1968, 1,295,428 Americans collected disability and
65,630,000 worked full-time. Thus, there were about 51 Americans
working full-time for each person collecting disability at that time.
In January 1997, the last time the number of disability beneficiaries
declined, 4,385,374 Americans collected disability and 104,900,000
worked full-time. Thus, there were then about 24 Americans working
full-time for each person collecting disability.

In January 2013, with a record 8,830,026 Americans collecting disability
and 115,918,000 working fulltime, there were only 13 Americans working
full-time for each person collecting disability.

Wow, I had just read the worker to disabled ratio was 18 to 1.

I guess they include SSD in SS figures where it is said there are 2
workers for every one SS recipient. A few years ago I heard that 40% of
SS funds went to those other than the elderly.

I've known a lot of people on SSD. One hunter, with a bad back, went
bow hunting one morning, climbed a tree with a portable stand, killed a
deer, took it home and hung it to butcher that night. That afternoon he
went out and repeated the process bringing home a 2nd deer. I know the
guy truly has a bad back and has needed several surgeries, but my God,
there must have been some work available for him in his condition.

Companies in pruning their work force will put company lawyers on a
worker's case to help him get SSD and get rid of him making him a
society burden.

One of my sons dealt with workman's comp in the state issues. He said
it was becoming the new welfare. Panels determining workman's comp
cases were hack retired politicians or lawyers double dipping. Doctors
could get more money treating those on workman's comp and loved having
the patients. I'm sure SSD is riddled with the same corruption.