Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rheilly Phoull[_2_] Rheilly Phoull[_2_] is offline

Default Sony Vrd Mc6 Dvdirect Dvd Burner Recorder

On 7/02/2013 3:26 AM, juanvivo wrote:
Hi all. It's the first time I go into the forum and I congratulate all
of this information I see that you have.

A few days ago feed the recorder with reversed polarity (positive to
negative and negative to positive), and has stopped working.

I searched unsuccessfully information about a similar case, I also
sought information from the MC5, if I could be of some use, and that's
when you get to this forum. I was reading this post:
http://tinyurl.com/b97ds7x

I could not find any electric scheme, nor any repair manual, or any
clues to try to discover which was broken by reversing the polarity.

I have some pictures of the board:

http://www.juanvivo.com/images/placa1grande.jpg
http://www.juanvivo.com/images/placa2grande.jpg

some people have told me that the T3 component that appears next to the
power connector ppuede been damaged. I do not know what has value ...

[image:
http://aeromodelismovirtual.com/atta...= 1360141242]

besides the pins B, C and D have continuity.

can you help me? know any repair manual? some scheme? images?

I thank you in advance for your time.

greetings

To make a start, power it up and check for voltages around the
board.............. like around the input socket to see if anything is
coming through. Any decent board should have reverse pol protection.
Check for that.