Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Electric car.

"harry" wrote in message
On Feb 6, 3:38 pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 06/02/13 14:32, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"harry" wrote in message

I now have an electric car.
A lot of unexpected things about it when you read the book.
Eg, it has a radiator.

At least you've got something to keep you warm when you're waiting for
the AA.

Harry: are you sure its an electric car, and the salesman didn't simply
see you coming and sell you a hybrid?

I have done my research. Just hope it doesn't break
down. You'd never believe how complex it all is.

That will certainly cost you WHEN it inevitably does break.

You've already spent twice what a petrol car of the same
size would have cost you and will now have to pay MUCH
more every time it breaks. You wont even be able to buy
cheap bits out of other copys some fool has written off either.

The main bit is straightforward but there are lots of ancillories.
There are around twenty separate eleccric motors
dotted around for one thing or another.

Mad. Makes sense for windows, wipers and washers but not for much else.

Numerous interlocks. About twenty warning lights on the dashboard.

Very easy to drive though. Very nice to drive.

Dunno, I'd rather not have to keep my eye on the charge
all the time so that I don't end up ****ed miles from home.

Hope there's room for a ****ing great extension cord so you
can grovel for a charge from someone when it grinds to a halt.

And a tent to use for the 4 hours it will take to charge too.