Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric car.

polygonum wrote:
On 06/02/2013 20:51, John Williamson wrote:

Dreamliner 787
If you want to worry some more about flying in one, it's the largest
non-metallic aircraft fuselage ever built, and life testing them is at
the stage that metal fatigue testing was at in the days of the Comet.

Reassuring, I'd say. Ain't going to suffer metal fatigue if it is all
plastic/carbon fibre. :-)

True, but what other unknown failure modes are there going to be? They
already use special equipment to check for delamination on composite
structures which is invisible to the eye.

Who will be writing The Return of No Highway?

I wonder....

I also wonder which plane it will be about.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.