Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Electric car.

In article , harryagain
scribeth thus

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
harry wrote:

The max range is 83 miles

Yesterday I went shopping to Sheffield and Retford and visited a friend
near Thorne, then called to collect some stuff from a mate's house at
Goldthorpe. I did the whole thing by the shortest route, and planned
everything so I could include six destinations in one trip, so as to save
fuel. I did 90 miles. Leccy car would have let me down.

Bill

Our longest trip is around thirty miles.
Ideal for city driving, uses no power at all stood in traffic.
Also great accelaration and easy to park, very narrow.
Very chuckable in traffic.
No gearshifts, just constant accelaration.
Difficult to keep track of the speed as it's so quiet.
Weird when stopped in traffic, you think the engine has cut out.

Optimum speed is around 40 mph. Drag varies as the square of speed.
So not ideal for motorway though goodfor 83 mph.
You might get 20 miles at that speed, maybe not.

What's the heater like when its rather cold like now?..
--
Tony Sayer