Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Electric car.

On Feb 6, 8:22*pm, Jim K wrote:
On 6 Feb, 19:17, Graham. wrote:

On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 09:02:42 -0800 (PST), harry

wrote:
On Feb 6, 2:39*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
* *Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
I now have an electric car.
A lot of unexpected things about it when you read the book.
Eg, it has a radiator.
At least you've got something to keep you warm when you're waiting for
the AA.

Even when the battery's flat?

There are two batteries,the traction *battery, 370Volts and a 12 volt
one to power the accessories.
When the traction batterie's flat your f***d.

370v? Best not test it with your tongue.

you might be testing it with other sensitive parts of your anatomy
when driving through the increasingly prevalent flood waters....

Jim K

The traction battery is in a steel container.
Quite dangerous potentially. There's an automatic isolator if there's
a crash.

The auxilliary battery is just an ordinary lead acid.
It needs topping up with distilled water, long time since I had to do
that.
I thought I'd be finished with antifreeze and distilled water etc but
there's actually more stuff to watch than a petrol car.
No belts. No filters except on the AC.
There's oil to change in the reduction gearbox.