Posted to alt.home.repair
Amanda Ripanykhazova Amanda Ripanykhazova is offline

Default Breville BKC700XL (Keurig pod expresso machine) reset?

What exactly did Nespresso tell you? I assume the unit

was no longer under warranty? What options did they

give you?

Their suggestion was that I spend a fortune sending them the unit so that they could charge me even more to repair it and send it back to me. With a machine on which they have tried to make repair difficult by putting proprietary screws on the back, that was enough to make me want to try another machine.

Almost all of these expresso machines use the same pump and I have dismantled both the 120 v pump and the 240 volt one and both are the same except for the outer casing wich holds the electrical bit which seems to have more windings for the 240 v version. *There are only four parts, the (central) pump, the electronic bit around it, and two metal bits which mesh in with each other and hold the whole thing together

I have seen this pump and it is one of those and I cant see any fuse anywhere near it, though everything in there is quite compressed and not much is all that visible without taking the whole thing apart which would take quite along time!

Did you try directly connecting 120V or 240V, whatever is correct

for the suspect motor, directly on the motor to see if it would

run? That's a basic diagnostic test that would tell you

if the motor works or not. The problem could be something

other than the motor.

I suspect it probably is something other than the motor with a unit which wont even turn on in any way! It must be an easy to fix fuse but i cant find it and will now try the Breville instead.

I think I will stick with testing the Keurig Breville which seems to get slightly better reviews for the coffee-basket adapter, which seems to be semi-permanent? The Nespresson one only seems to work a few times according to (some) reviews.- Hide quoted text -

The aftermarket fill-your-own pod I bought on Ebay for

the Nespresso never worked at all.

Another reason to try the Breville. There are lots of reports out there which say the Breville one does actually work!