Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] homeowner@home.com is offline

Default Cottonwood

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 16:59:22 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

Is cottonwood a decent firewood? A friend is removing a tree, and it is
free. The tree is pretty big, as I hear. I can see it has 15.something
million btus per cord, pretty low when compared to anything. Anyone know
anything about its creosote output?

Steve

Looks like you got your answer, but of it's a dead tree and dry, and if
he cut it into pieces that will fit your stove, it's better than
nothing. For free, the price is right. If all you got to do is haul it
home, and need firewood, I'd take it as long as it's not to far of a
drive. I burn anything that will burn if it makes heat and it's free.
Of course if the tree was still live dont burn it this year, bcause it
has a lot of moisture.