Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Good ideas from overseas (OT bit of fun)

On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 3:27:09 PM UTC, DerbyBorn wrote:
Just back from a holiday and whilst there I refelcted on a few differences

seen there and other places (not really DIY) and wondered if others had

thought of similar things. Examples:

Bulgaria - Traffic Lights with an illuminated count-down in red or green

to the next change.

Dublin - Traffic lights with ped crossing countdowns - that are made of

stainless steel and don't look as though they were made in the 1950's (like

ours)

Lanzarote - In our villa - door frame with integral rubber seal to prevent

banging - well engineered door and frame with stainless steel hinges.

any others? Comments?

Esculators at tube stations only coming on when people were using them.
Think it was a light sensor triggered as you apporach the stairs.
Stockholm 1985.