Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Good ideas from overseas (OT bit of fun)

On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 3:27:09 PM UTC, DerbyBorn wrote:
Just back from a holiday and whilst there I refelcted on a few differences

seen there and other places (not really DIY) and wondered if others had

thought of similar things. Examples:

Bulgaria - Traffic Lights with an illuminated count-down in red or green

to the next change.

We have them here in Stratford, London or at least very similar.
Just outside the tube station between that and the old stratford centre.
That way you can estimate whether or not you can run across the road before the lights change.

Dublin - Traffic lights with ped crossing countdowns - that are made of

stainless steel and don't look as though they were made in the 1950's (like

ours)

Lanzarote - In our villa - door frame with integral rubber seal to prevent

banging - well engineered door and frame with stainless steel hinges.

Sounds like a good idea but wouldn't the rubber perish in our UK enviroment.

any others? Comments?