Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Home inspection

On Feb 5, 8:33*pm, Doug Miller
wrote:
Gil wrote om:

On 05/02/2013 12:11 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
wrote in
news:797b9f3c-b2f5-46a5-b6d0-718e05120269 @googlegroups.com:

All -

Looking for some advice. *I'm currently under contract on a
foreclosed property. The
property has been winterized. *The inspection has been
completed except for inspecting the water pipes/system. *My
realtor and I were at the home when the company showed up to
de- winterize the home. *They were unable to de-winterize as
the pressure test indicated no pressure.

What can be done? *I don't want to buy a home without fully
inspecting the water system.

First thing I'd check is to make sure that all faucets are
closed, including any outdoor faucets. It's pretty hard to
pressure-test the system if there's an open faucet somewhere --
and it takes only one.

I'd add one thing to that,...make sure the toilet stops are
closed, otherwise the air just passes through the toilet tank.

Good catch!

hire a plumber to inspect the plumbing system......

of course you could pa to have the water turned on, any leaks will be
instantly located