Posted to alt.home.repair
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default Welder advice

"George" wrote in message
On 2/5/2013 6:45 PM, HeyBub wrote:
What kind of inexpensive (relatively) welding device do I need?

I have steel burglar-bar doors onto which I want to tack some steel mesh
and
turn the grate into a screen door (sorta - it's really to keep the cats
in
instead of the bugs out).

In addition, who knows what future small welding jobs might come my way.

So, what's the best methodology, equipment, etc.?

Thanks.

Its a good thing I save helpful posts. There is someone who posts using
the name "heybub" and every post is a keeper.

I just looked through them and he answered someone else who asked about
welding telling them to get duct tape and glue and make sure it is the
good stuff from the dollar store and to get a hammer from harbor freight.
He said all of this shouldn't cost more than $8.

Georgy-porgy, you don't miss a beat, eh?
--
EA