Posted to alt.home.repair
Gil Gil is offline

Default Home inspection

On 05/02/2013 12:11 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
wrote in news:797b9f3c-b2f5-46a5-b6d0-718e05120269
@googlegroups.com:

All -

Looking for some advice. I'm currently under contract on a foreclosed property. The

property has been winterized. The inspection has been completed except for inspecting the
water pipes/system. My realtor and I were at the home when the company showed up to de-
winterize the home. They were unable to de-winterize as the pressure test indicated no
pressure.

What can be done? I don't want to buy a home without fully inspecting the water system.

First thing I'd check is to make sure that all faucets are closed, including any outdoor faucets.
It's pretty hard to pressure-test the system if there's an open faucet somewhere -- and it takes
only one.

I'd add one thing to that,...make sure the toilet stops are closed,
otherwise the air just passes through the toilet tank.