Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer[_3_] Tony Bryer[_3_] is offline

Default Huhne pleads guilty..

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 18:18:38 -0000 Arw wrote :
I always speed on motorways when safe to do so.

The general view of Australia from outside is that it's a free
and easy sort of place, but when it comes to speed limits
definitely not. I drive the Hume Highway (first part of the
Melbourne-Sydney motorway) and the speed limits are 100/110kph
(62/68mph) and this are observed almost 100%. Camera tolerance
is 2/3kph (2mph) and many of them are point to point so no use
slowing down as you pass a camera and speeding up afterwards.

The reality, of course, is that it's not speed that is the
danger, rather following too close and other bad driving. I
nearly met my maker last week when someone in an outer lane
realised he was about to miss his exit - his trailer went
across the front of my car with inches to spare and my heart
was thumping for a long time afterward.

Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com