Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default How long is pool bleach stable when diluted with water in a Chloroxbottle anyway?

On 2/5/2013 11:00 AM, Danny D. wrote:

Q: Is that true?

Reading the labels, they list "inert ingredients", but I have to assume
that the "inert ingredient" is plain water. Isn't it?

The first reaction is that they don't want people diluting $2.50/gallon
pool chlorine (I get 12%, not 10%) rather than buying significantly more
expensive Chlorox bleach. Even so, I'd be happy to dilute it as I use it.

All of the chlorine based products lose potency over time. That's
another reason I buy the pool chlorine in returnable bottles from the
pool store rather than the two gallon boxes sold at big box stores.
Besides the lower cost and higher concentration, it's delivered the day
after it's produced, it's not sitting outside at Home Depot for a
couple of weeks.