Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Home inspection

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 08:52:20 -0800 (PST), wrote:

All -

Looking for some advice. I'm currently under contract on a foreclosed property.
The property has been winterized. The inspection has been completed except
for inspecting the water pipes/system. My realtor and I were at the home
when the company showed up to de-winterize the home. They were unable
to de-winterize as the pressure test indicated no pressure.

What can be done?

You have your attorney [who is familiar with buying foreclosure
properties] talk to the seller's attorney. If that is the same
guy-- then run, get your own attorney and start over.

Some sort of agreement about who pays to find out what the problem
is-- or how much comes off the price for you to buy a pig in a poke-
has to be reached.

I don't want to buy a home without fully inspecting the water system.

That is smart---- but if the seller offered to take 10K off the price
if you took it 'as is' would that sway you? Only you know the
right answer to that one. [It would not sway me today--- but 30 years
ago it might have.]

Jim