Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Gas Clothes Dryer

On Feb 5, 11:01*am, "
wrote:
On Feb 5, 10:54*am, wrote:

On Monday, February 4, 2013 9:33:16 PM UTC-8, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:
I have a fairly new but very lightly used front loader Whirlpool Duet

that has always served me well, but has gradually not dried as well as

usual. Due to circumstances it uses a flex tube to vent. I removed it

from the dryer and tried it, assuming there was a clog in the vent

(although the vent does seem to push a lot of air). I got warm air,

reconnected the vent and tried to dry a load, no luck. Removed the vent

tube and cleaned it as best I could. This morning, it was able to dry a

load.

Any suggestions for easy to use diagnostic choices? I dread paying for a

service repair, but do want my dryer back in working form

Cleaning or replacing just the vent isn’t going to cut it. Depending on how and how much they are used they need to be taken apart and the insides need to be cleaned every few years. Something the manufacturers wont tell you. Some dryers like Speed Queen very easy or Maytag fairly easy to do.- Hide quoted text -

I've had about 30 years of dryer experience. *With three
dryers. *And I've yet to take one apart to clean it.- Hide quoted text -

Lucky you.

I've had over 30 years of dryer experience and have taken different
models apart to clean them, greatly improving their performance
afterwards.

Just last August I posted about an Estate dryer that would shut down
intermittently and require a cooling off period before it would
restart. Cleaning the external ducting, including the exterior vent
did not help. It was only after I opened it up and cleaned every nook,
cranny and duct space that the problem went away.