Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GFCI's work, Chinese light fixtures don't

The adult generation repairs things.
The kid generation throws it out and replaces.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
I let the unit dry out and then filled the tube from the ball and
socket joint to the light socket with silicone so the water can't
reach the socket. I remounted it, aimed the light and then put some
more silicon around the exterior of the ball and socket joint to
hopefully prevent water from entering the fixture in the first place.

Wow! You have a lot of time on your hands.

It took less time to add some silicon to the old fixture than it would have
taken me to go to the store and buy a new one.

Removal and installation was required in both cases, so that's a wash.